about 2 months ago
Our Hong Kong M&A tax team advises on all aspects of an M&A transaction, including on the investment, divestment and post-acquisition stages. We work with a range of clients, including multi-national corporations, high profile asset management companies, and regional and global private equity funds. Our main focus is working with clients to manage their investment risks and identify opportunities in Hong Kong and abroad.
We work closely with our Transaction Services team and project and client teams are typically cross-disciplined. A large part of our work involves advising clients on regional and global projects, and provides exposure to international markets and high-profile transactions.
- Reporting directly to Senior Manager / Manager , you will use your proven technical ability and utilise your client relationship skills to win and develop new business
- Working closely with internal and external clients on cross-border/M&A transactions, international tax advisory engagements, tax structuring and ad hoc projects
- Develop and implement innovative ways to approach client needs - use research into client businesses (the issues they face, the state of markets, key developments) to initiate new service and product offerings to clients
- Undertake business development activities and market tax services to clients and non-clients
- Keep abreast of new technical developments and solutions, and confidently market these applications to both clients and Partners
- Delegate work to members of multiple teams, ensuring follow up strategies are in place
- A degree in Accounting / Finance, law or any other business related discipline and ideally a professional qualification (accounting or legal)
- 3-5 years tax experience (including advisory) in a professional firm / Big 4 firm or as inhouse-tax advisor
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and work with all levels of management
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines
- Excellent organisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working on M&A transactions or cross-border transactions or in international tax is preferred
- Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) skills preferred, but not essential
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.