Assistant Manager (International Financial Outsourcing Team)
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager (International Financial Outsourcing Team)|
|Contact Name:||Fitzgerald & Law|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 16:20|
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our multi award winning and growing International Financial Outsourcing team.
We have a particular focus on the international tech sector and advise some of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the world, as well as a number of dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses. We therefore need people with engaging personalities as well as great skills.
You will provide direct assistance to the management team, supervise and review monthly management accounts.
What are some of the key responsibilities?
- Control of a portfolio of clients, ensuring all client reporting and payment deadlines are met.
- Full review of management accounts, ensuring technical accuracy and that any anomalies are investigated and resolved before submission to the client.
- Review of VAT return submissions, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns
- Supervision of Management Accountants and Financial Administrators, ensuring they are completing their work correctly and providing guidance.
- Maintaining excellent relations with clients, acting as the main finance point of contact, responding effectively to reporting or ad hoc technical queries and resolving any issues
- The review of payment runs and online BACs payment submissions
- Liaising with teams across the firm together with international local service providers for completion of UK and global compliance tasks.
- WIP and billing control: ensuring a thorough understanding of the contracted scope of work, agreeing special fees and assisting with contract reviews and fee negotiations
- Overseeing costings on client portfolio and reporting / explaining monthly recovery to management
- Identifying and implementing enhancements to the existing compliance routines and control systems
- Managing the onboarding of new client accounts from an accounting and administrative perspective
- Contributing to the wider team and assisting the Management team in the day to day running of the team, with responsibility for a selection of management tasks
- Assisting in researching and implementing new accounting initiatives for efficiency purposes,
- Keeping up to date with technical developments affecting work. Carrying out proactive research (tax and financial reporting related)
- Ensuring full compliance with anti-money laundering obligations
What are the essential requirements?
- You must be an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant with post qualification experience
- Experience of working in an Outsourcing team within practice, looking after a portfolio of clients
- You must have strong experience of reviewing monthly management accounts prepared by junior team members and good VAT knowledge
- Experience of supervising staff, building presence and inspiring confidence
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Be completely conversant with Cloud accounting software, with strong IT skills and excellent knowledge of Excel
- Ability to manage own tasks, good time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, working with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients, able to make and justify own decisions
Important Notes – please read:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only respond to you if you have been successful in being shortlisted. Thank you for your understanding.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Outsourcing Assistant Manager
Accountant Outsourcing Team Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Financial Modelling Assistant Manager
40000 - 47000
Financial Services Audit Assistant Manager (newly qualified)
Accounts & Outsourcing Senior