Assistant Manager, Employment Tax
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager, Employment Tax|
|Contact Name:||Steve Bromwich|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2019 16:39|
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with experience in Employment Tax to join our team in London.
No staff directly, but expected to assist all staff of lower grades and may be required to act as a mentor for some new staff of lower or similar grades
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Assistant Managers are responsible for coordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Understand and acknowledge the importance of the firm’s procedures, and follow them with minimal supervision. Ensure that all work is produced in accordance with the department, office or firm’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met
- Deal with day-to-day client matters and liaise with other team members as appropriate. Contact with clients and others via telephone, correspondence, including e-mail, and on occasions attending meetings with clients
- Produce work of the required standard in a timely and effective manner for the Senior Manager/Partner/Director etc., which requires no further input on straightforward factual matters and dealing with complex matters in conjunction with other members of the team
- Research technical issues and present the findings effectively, whilst demonstrating the use of key reference and the relevant legislation
- Effectively manage projects and multiple assignments, ensuring that the work is completed within the specified timeframes and to the required standard
- Promote the firm’s services to clients through good cross-selling. Identify opportunities for adding value to clients by the provision of complimentary services offered by the firm and taking action to ensure the opportunities are acted upon
- Work effectively within a team environment, assisting others in the team with managing projects, the budget, the timetable and client expectations
- To act as a client relationship manager on a portfolio of smaller clients
- To manage the department’s monthly billing process
- Assist other department’s staff in the office/s with Employment Tax related queries, as and when required
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally, including colleagues, senior management and clients
- Undertake all tasks in the department, office and firm, which may be necessary in achieving overall goals and objectives of the firm
Performance objectives and targets will be set for the main duties above at least annually by the Department Director/Partner. These will be reviewed against performance targets regularly. Objectives and targets will also be set and performance reviewed in respect of the personal qualities listed in the person specification.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Preferably ATT qualified or with an equivalent level of proven experience
- The member of staff will have already attained the level of experience and expertise required of grades below that to which he/she is appointed
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the client and able to resolve client issues unless they involve technical matters of fact or opinion
- Work effectively within regulatory compliance structures
- Has an appropriate awareness of the risk involved in this specialism of work
Technical skills: Employment Tax work
- General employment tax consultancy advice such as:
- Employer compliance reviews, Internal audit or Health check work
- Due diligence work
- P11D dispensation/approval notices
- Class 1A NIC and P11D reporting
- Remuneration planning
- Assisting clients with the preparation of various statutory forms, including P11D’s
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients; and facilitate the team culture by documenting and sharing information
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly
- The ability to act as a client relationship manager on a portfolio of smaller clients
- Ability to manage the departments billing process
- Ability to produce accurate and thorough work of a quality standard is paramount
- Effective time and project management skills, being able to manage multiple assignments within the required timeframes
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently in order to resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent IT capability – understanding of the application of IT systems to improve work practices
- Commitment to their personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade
- Able to deal with change in a positive manner
- Positively articulates the goals of the firm, advocate for the firm
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic, looking for business opportunities and methods of improving service delivery
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return, we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Manager, M&A Tax
Assistant Manager, People Services
Manager, Corporate Tax Advisory, Hong Kong
Private Client Tax Assistant
Corporate Tax Audit Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £45000.00 per annum