Assistant Manager - Corporate Tax - Tax Centre of Excellence - Manchester
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager - Corporate Tax - Tax Centre of Excellence - Manchester|
|Salary:||Competitive plus benefits|
|Contact Name:||Stephanie Ellis|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2019 12:46|
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Why join our Tax Centre of Excellence?
KPMG's Tax Centre of Excellence carries out the vast majority of the tax compliance work across the whole UK Firm and comprises over over 300 qualified tax compliance experts and supporting staff. Our vision is to become the most respected compliance team in the UK and help our clients cope with their rapidly changing tax compliance needs.
We have 4 main locations in Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and Cardiff, but also support a large number of remote workers, in short we offer real flexibility in our ways of working - we are offering both full time and part time roles with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days, etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients. This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners (who manage processing aspects), to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- You will be working with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
- Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
- Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required.
- Liaise with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
- Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client.
- Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
- Develop and maintain relationships and act as primary liaison with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
- Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
- Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
Qualifications and Skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of review of corporate tax computations and returns.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for single entities and simple groups.
- Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
- Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).
If you have experience of reviewing UK corporate tax computations and returns and would like to move your career forward with us, please apply below. We look forward to speaking with you!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Centre of Excellence Manager, Manchester
Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
Manager Corporate Tax Compliance-Manchester
Corporate Tax Compliance Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Corporate Tax Senior Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum