|Job Title:||Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||50000 - 55000|
|Contact Name:||Amy Maguire|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2020 16:51|
About Moore Kingston Smith
Moore Kingston Smith is a dynamic, leading UK firm of accountants and business advisers. We have been helping clients thrive since 1923.
As trusted advisers to businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We are committed to supporting them through good and bad times. Our highly experienced people have the strategic insight, drive and dedication to deliver results.
With over 60 partners and more than 500 staff based in and around London, we are a leading member of the Moore Global Network. An international family made up of over 30,000 people across more than 100 countries, members connect and collaborate to take care of our clients’ needs – at a local, national and international level.
With the success of our clients at the centre of everything we do, our people are hugely important to us. We recognise that they are key to our continued growth and development as a firm. Our commitment to developing our people and providing an environment in which they can thrive is therefore paramount to us.
This is evidenced by the many awards we have won, recognising both our people and employer excellence, and our creative innovation, particularly in regard to client services – among other things.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for a small to medium portfolio of clients (approx £200k-£500k gross recurring fees), covering a variety of business activities, sizes and structures. Experience of a mix of Audit, Accounts & Tax. Working with managers to assist on individual assigned large jobs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Day to day contact with MKS team, clients, HMRC and other professional advisors.
- All aspects of audit and accounts assignment management:
- Job planning
- Time management
- Delegating to and supervising of team
- Subsequent monitoring of team progress and managing projects
- Detailed review of file, debriefing team with a key focus on feedback
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and liaising with Tax Specialists
- Finalisation of file for Partner review, including the calculation of corporation tax
- Subsequent submission to HMRC and Companies House
· Promoting the interests of the firm with all employed by the firm, clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
· Motivation and encouragement of team, providing timely constructive feedback.
- Overseeing and mentoring trainees during their training contract providing assistance when required.
- Assisting in the motivation and supervision of staff (especially trainees).
- Assisting staff in finding suitable work to keep them fully occupied, also ensuring their development and progress and all staff are fully debriefed after jobs.
- Assisting with in-house training.
- Providing upward feedback.
- Attending client gatherings or client seminars on an ad hoc basis.
- Identifying account development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with the Partner.
- Assisting with preparation and presentation of new client pitches.
- Providing innovative ideas to improve systems currently in practice with regards to client or staff matters.
- Assisting with billing procedures.
- Assisting with debt collection where appropriate in liaison with client partner.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified in ACA or ACCA
- 1-2 years PQE
- Experience of running own portfolio
- Technically competent
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- High level of familiarity with UK auditing and accounting standards
- Must have experience in Top 100 firm
- High level of personal motivation and drive
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to effectively identify and approach prospects and contribute to the development of the practice
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's