£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + + benefits
23 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Leading UK listed telecoms organisation looking to recruit an Assistant Group Tax Manager.
Your new company
A leading UK based telecoms company is now looking to recruit an additional member of staff to its small UK tax function.
As the Assistant Group Tax Manager your role will be to support the Group Tax & Treasury Manager; in broad terms the role will include providing tax support on M&A investment projects and focused involvement in year-end as well as co-ordinating the reporting of year-end tax for the Group's Financial Statements.
Reporting to Group Tax & Treasury Manager responsibilities will include:
- Undertake tax due diligence for expansion opportunities, co-ordinating Q&A processes and reporting findings to senior colleagues.
- Review of tax items in financial modelling and critical analysis of tax structuring opportunities.
- Undertake research on the telecommunication industry in new markets.
- Ability to communicate tax issues in a commercial fashion to internal stakeholders e.g. legal, commercial and finance teams.
Tax Reporting and Accounting
- Responsible for ensuring that the tax accounting for the consolidated Group, including all tax disclosures for current tax and deferred tax, are prepared in line with applicable IFRS standards.
- Co-ordinate tax input to the Financial Statements, including preparation of internal analysis of provisions and contingencies and managing the collation of tax data for auditors.
- Calculation/review of draft tax returns, payments and calculations at Group level and African OpCos with external advisers.
- Review and develop new procedures to optimise reporting of tax matters.
What you'll need to succeed
Minimum of 3 years' work experience in a tax & finance role, with at least 1-2 years as post qualified Tax Advisor.
You will have a track record of exposure to technical tax projects, tax accounting and reporting under IFRS standards and international tax matters. M&A deals tax experience would be ideal but not a requirement as coaching will be provided. Tax experience in an accountancy firm or within the Tax/Finance function of listed company is essential as is a professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CTA).
Fluency in French would be desirable, but it is not essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.