£46000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
26 days ago
Want to work for a charity with a turnover over £100 million? Do you have proven experience in a financial accounting role and advanced Excel skills? Would you benefit from flexible working hours and the option of working from home? If yes - this could be your next role!
This permanent Assistant Financial Controller is for a large UK charity that supports vulnerable members of society throughout the country. The organisation has an interesting set up with various income streams and offers a highly friendly atmosphere and culture. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone with the ambition and drive to become a Financial Controller in a couple of years.
Main responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Controller will be:
- Drive improvements across financial accounting processes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness always.
- Prepare drafts of quarterly VAT returns and carry out review of the monthly output and input of VAT ensuring timeliness and accuracy at all times.
- Manage complex and technical VAT queries.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller when necessary.
- Assist the Financial Controller with upcoming projects.
- Manage one highly competent member of staff.
- Coordinate the year end process, audit process and stay up to date with accounting policies.
- Ensure compliance with income tax, VAT and corporation tax.
This permanent Assistant Financial Controller will be based in central London with the option of working from home occasionally and flexible working arrangements. This position could also be offered on a four day a week basis and will report into the Financial Controller. This is a highly technical role and will suit someone with previous exposure to partial exemption.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Have proven financial accounting experience, including assisting in the year end process.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have advanced Excel skills (including macros).
Although not essential the Hiring Manager is keen to see candidates from an audit background.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying.