Assistant Finance Manager - Commercial/Operational
|Job Title:||Assistant Finance Manager - Commercial/Operational|
|Salary:||Competitive + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2021 18:54|
Assistant Finance Manager - Commercial/Operational - Colchester/hybrid £competitive plus bonus and benefits
Your new company
One of UK's leading specialist manufacturing and distribution businesses are, due to continued business growth, looking to recruit an ambitious and commercially focused accountant to join the business as Assistant Finance Manager . This role is based remotely with travel to the Regional Office on the outskirts of Colchester 1-2 days a week and on site business meetings on a monthly basis.
Your new role
The Assistant Finance Manager will report into the Regional Finance Manager and assist with the provision of monthly management information, KPI analysis and provide business partner support to the Operational and Commercial Management team.
They will support with the completeness of the month end results reporting, business planning cycle, annual budgets and monthly forecasts and assist the Finance Manager with key analysis, to assist with insight and influence business decisions.
The Assistant Finance Manager will provide support with CAPEX schedules including capital expenditure authorisations, project evaluations and forecasts as well as value chain analysis alongside contract margin reviews, for complete end to end understanding of contract profitability.
They will provide support on the provision of accurate, timely and SOx compliant accounting information in support of the senior regional team and ensure controls and governance are adhered to and in compliance with company accounting policies.
The Assistant Finance Manager will support the Finance Manager and senior management team in providing critical support as part of the decision making processes including tactical planning and decisions, importantly providing an impartial conscience acting with integrity.
They will work closely with business and other finance colleagues to ensure clarification and understanding of business performance & consistent application of accounting policies and procedures.
Ensure relevant accurate management information is produced and provided to the senior management team and regional finance team
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the regional accounting records, assets and liabilities
- Providing support through reviews of the monthly region trading performance, KPIs, performance measures with variance analysis and benchmarking as required
- To support insight, challenge and support in tracking hard delivery of Excellence programme benefits and capital investment delivery across the business.
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business drivers
- Support improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Support robust and accurate forecasts and budgets through review and challenge.
- Provide effective support to the Business Commercial and Operations Directors as well as the broader regional senior management team.
- Build partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Support the presentation of financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Provide key support enabling a drive in partnership with Finance Business Partner and Senior Management Team the delivery of business financial objectives.
- Improve and develop safety awareness within the finance teams
- Ad hoc head office projects as assigned
What you'll need to succeed
The Assistant Finance Manager will be a qualified or qualified by experience Accountant with good technical knowledge, a keen interest in the commercial business world, have strong analytical & IT skills and be a confident communicator, able to liaise at all levels, be inquisitive, have an open mindset and accept and provide challenge.
What you'll get in return
The Assistant Finance Manager will be offered a highly competitive salary, bonus, pension and flexible benefits
the role is Hybrid work from home with 1-2 days a week attendance at the Regional office in Colchester and attend onsite business meetings on a monthly basis.
This is a leading UK business which offers excellent continued personal and career development and opportunity for progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£42000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
£42000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£60000 - £70000 per annum