Assistant Finance Business Partner x6
|Job Title:||Assistant Finance Business Partner x6|
|Salary:||£32905 - £38580 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Palmer|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:35|
The Cabinet Office has a vital role to play at the centre of government. Its purpose is to maintain the integrity of the union, the security of the country and a flourishing democracy, to ensure delivery of the government's programme and the Prime Minister's priorities, and to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
The Assistant Finance Business Partner is central to the relationship between an individual business area and the finance function. You will use your technical skills and sound understanding of the business unit to provide advice, challenge and scrutiny. You will ensure that budgets are well constructed, managed and monitored and provide support in the production of business cases and plans to deliver improved performance, reduced risk and better value for money.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Finance Business Partner will include
- Developing a deep knowledge of diverse business areas, their needs and priorities, looking at the bigger picture to make sure that the business understands the financial implications of decisions and available choices.
- Acting as key liaison point between Finance and the business, building in depth understanding of different business areas and performance priorities.
- Providing analysis to support decision making and using benchmarking to highlight opportunities and add value.
- Supporting the financial analysis of business areas to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
- Supporting financial reporting, including analysing financial information and preparing summary reporting.
- Supporting on the construction of business cases through financial challenge and the identification of commercial implications of options considered.
- Providing accounting advice in accordance with international financial reporting standards and central government accounting rules.
- Building financial and commercial awareness of non-finance staff within the business.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified (or with sufficient financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A minimum of two years' experience in a finance or strategy role.
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification.
- The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information.
Salary - £32,905 - £38,580 + £2,500 or £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Finance Business Partner
£425 - 500 per day
Temporary Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000 - £44000 per annum