Assistant Finance Business Partner x5
|Job Title:||Assistant Finance Business Partner x5|
|Salary:||£38700 - £43889 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:38|
The Cabinet Office has a vital role to play at the centre of government. Its purpose is to maintain the integrity of the union, the security of the country and a flourishing democracy, to ensure delivery of the government's programme and the Prime Minister's priorities, and to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
The Assistant Finance Business Partner is central to the relationship between an individual business area and the finance function. You will use your technical skills and sound understanding of the business unit to provide advice, challenge and scrutiny. You will ensure that budgets are well constructed, managed and monitored and provide support in the production of business cases and plans to deliver improved performance, reduced risk and better value for money.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Finance Business Partner will include
- Developing a deep knowledge of diverse business areas, their needs and priorities, looking at the bigger picture to make sure that the business understands the financial implications of decisions and available choices.
- Acting as key liaison point between Finance and the business, building in depth understanding of different business areas and performance priorities.
- Providing analysis to support decision making and using benchmarking to highlight opportunities and add value.
- Identifying sustainable cost savings targets and initiatives as part of the business planning cycle.
- Supporting the financial analysis of business areas to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
- Leading on financial reporting, including analysing financial information and preparing summary reporting, ensuring that the leaders of the Cabinet Office are able to make decisions based on accurate financial information.
- Supporting on the construction of business cases through financial challenge and the identification of commercial implications of options considered.
- Assessing accounting implications and providing accounting advice in accordance with international financial reporting standards and central government accounting rules.
- Building financial and commercial awareness of non-finance staff within the business.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A minimum of four years' experience in a finance or strategy role.
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills combined with a clear understanding of how this should be applied for the benefit of the organisation.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and relationship management skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
- High credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision-making.
- The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way.
- Strategic and commercial skills gained from working in other specialist areas such as commercial, policy, IT, HR or delivery.
Salary - £38,700 - £43,889 + £2,500 or £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
Head of Finance Business Partnering
£57,034 - 67,970 per year + £4,000 accountancy allowance
£46k - 48k per year
Strategic Financial Analysis Lead
£50,345 to £57,917 plus £2,000/£4,000 accountancy allowance
Reporting and Management Accounting Manager
£33,107 - £44,336 + £2,000/£4,000 Accountancy Allowance