|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2021 13:51|
Assistant Accountant job with reputable chartered firm in Peterborough
Hays are working with a highly reputable and established chartered firm in Peterborough, to assist them in sourcing an Assistant Accountant for their busy, growing team.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for working across numerous portfolios of clients across the business, enabling you to gain broad range experience. You will be key in ensuring accurate and high-quality advice and working together with other team members to deliver a high-quality service.
You will be supported in deepening your own technical specialism, widening your market knowledge, and continuing to develop your technical skills as you develop and progress in your role.
- Preparing accounting records and management accounts for a diverse range of clients using a range of accounting software,
- To assist with audit and accounts preparation across a range of clients and sectors.
- Identifying tax adjustments arising from accounts production and audit work,
- Preparing personal and corporation tax returns using CCH and other software tools,
- Dealing with initial queries on accounts (by email, letter or telephone),
- File completion and finalising accounts after review,
- Preparing VAT returns including Intrastat returns and EC sales lists,
- Using spreadsheets for management reporting and control,
- Assisting clients with accounting support,
- Assisting and supporting trainees and less experienced members of the team, reviewing their work where necessary,
- Assisting with ad hoc assignments and other administrative duties to support the wider team.
AAT Qualified and/or part or fully ACA or ACCA qualified/equivalent experience.
Rewards & benefits
Competitive and negotiable salary, study support and extensive benefits package.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more information or to discuss your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Accountant (Practice)
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
0 - 50000
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + study support
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum