Advanced Level Case Study Senior Examiner
|Job Title:||Advanced Level Case Study Senior Examiner|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Fixed fees per examination session|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2020 14:16|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Advanced Level team within the ACA qualification from Q3 2020.
Examiners work according to guidelines set by ICAEW. Main responsibilities are to:
- be responsible for the overall preparation and setting of exam papers and mark schemes
- work with other exam team members on the setting of exam papers and mark schemes according to fixed timetables
- attend specific meetings, including exam review boards, liaison meetings with tutors and firms, and training and development activities
- manage the marking of examination papers
- prepare commentaries and mark schemes for publication
- support in the recruitment and selection of markers
- review ICAEW learning materials.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- experience of exam development and delivery, or of relevant education programmes
- specialism in development of complex business scenarios, together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that tutors are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately ten contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please email ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by 3rd April 2020 with your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Interviews will be held with members of ICAEW staff and representatives of the Assessment Committee on 19th May 2020 at Chartered Accountants Hall at our London Office.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax and General Accountancy Case Manager - Investigation
£55,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience
Senior Restricted Funds Officer
£39k per year
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit
53000 - 75000
£37k per year + Excellent Benefits
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Additional Benefits