Advanced Level Case Study Examiner
|Job Title:||Advanced Level Case Study Examiner|
|Salary:||Fees are fixed and paid per examination session.|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Bellfield|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2021 15:59|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Advanced Level team within the ACA qualification.
EXAMINER ROLE DESCRIPTION
The role of the Case Study Examiner will vary according to the nature of the particular exam. There may be a need for background research or technical advice and this will be agreed for each exam with the Senior Examiners. Team members will either work in the design or the review group for the particular exam session and will agree their contribution to the development of the exam.
Examiners work according to guidelines set by ICAEW. Main responsibilities are to:
- attend team meetings, these consist of a full day. There are named Design and Review group meetings for each exam session. For 2021 these will be conducted within Microsoft team meetings (ie video conferencing). Normally they are face to face meetings in Chartered Accountants Hall or similar. Two meetings will be held for each exam session. There are two Case Study exam sessions per year, in July and November.
- assist the Senior Examiners in implementing the team’s quality processes.
- contribute to the team’s input to syllabus reviews.
ICAEW Examiners are experts in their subject area, drawing from commercial and/or academic experience and applying this within an assessment framework. You may be changing career path, looking for additional work to expand your portfolio, or already be working as a freelancer in the professional qualifications space. You’ll likely have recent experience of teaching, setting or marking professional accountancy examinations, usually in the subject area for which you are applying. ICAEW membership is desirable, and membership of at least one relevant professional body is essential.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism or strong experience in Financial Reporting
- specialism in development of complex business scenarios, together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy.
- team player
- willingness to work collaboratively with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students at the relevant level, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please apply by 27th April 2021 with your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams on or around 26th May 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's