Accounts Team Leader/Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Accounts Team Leader/Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||William Plom|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2020 11:52|
Your new company
Our client is a market leading organisation based within the heart of Norwich. This business has gone through dramatic change over the last 18 months and is focused on securing talented and hard-working individuals to join their expanding team of experts. If you are looking to take that next step in accountancy and are passionate about staff management and development then this could be the role for you!
Your new role
The main purpose of the role will be to support a team of junior accountants in the timely and accurate production of monthly accounting information on behalf of a diverse portfolio of clients. You will be assisting in the management of a Client Accounting team in order to meet client targets, service levels and to ensure continuity of service delivery. You will help develop the staff within your team to part of a centre of excellence within the industry.
More specifically your key responsibilities will be split into tow main criteria - Staff management and development and technical expertise.
Your specific staff management responsibilities will be to:
- Actively manage team member's workloads and liaise with the client accounts manager on a regular basis.
- To assist the Finance Manager in the recruitment, training, retention and motivation of the team in order to develop commitment and high performance.
- Responsibility for the six monthly performance appraisals of the team.
- Assisting in the management of development plans, poor performance and disciplinary issues.
- Learn and be able to undertake all duties performed within the Accountant and Administrator role.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Work with the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work.
- Ensure strong communication links are established and maintained with the client accounts managers and team.
Your specific technical accounting responsibilities will be:
- To take on responsibility for the client accounts for specified portfolios, including trial balance reporting, nominal ledger reconciliations, VAT reporting, funding reviews and ensuring client deadlines are met.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure KPI's are achieved and aim to exceed expectations.
- Be the main point of contact for the client/s for the day to day running of the portfolio.
- Liaise with and support Surveyors on the portfolio, acting on requests and providing information in a timely manner.
- Identify and suggest improvements to standardise, streamline and simplify working procedures.
- Ensure preparation and review of quarterly cash analyses for all cash held.
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have some previous leadership experience - this could be in a supervisory capacity, looking to take a step up or already have more substantial staff management exposure. You will ideally have or be working towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) but those with relevant experience will also be considered. You must have strong communication skills and be able to articulate yourself well to colleagues at all levels. You must be flexible and adaptable and be able to apply common sense in a variety of situations. Lastly you must have the ability to work to tight internal and external deadlines
Knowledge of property accounts, specific systems experience (Yardi/MRI/Horizon) and strong IT/Excel ability would be highly advantageous.
What you'll get in return
You will receive competitive pay, 25 days (+bank holidays) annual leave entitlement, 5 x life assurance, healthcare package and study support if required. The study package includes covering costs for all exams and up to 12 additional days of study leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's