|Job Title:||Accounts Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Sarah McHugh|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2020 12:48|
Overall job purpose
The Accounting and Financial Reporting team (AFR) are responsible for the preparation of accounts for a range of clients including large corporates SME’s, LLP’s, charities, academies, partnerships and sole traders. A strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards is important. Experience of IFRS and FRS 101 and Charities SORP would be desirable, but not essential.
You will be required to work with a team of staff to ensure the highest possible standards of client service at all times and to take an active role in the growth of the department.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be part qualified ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
- To prepare statutory accounts to review stage (for Manager to review) and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary.
- To implement the firm’s review and completion procedures.
- To review accounts objectively (taking ‘helicopter view’) for reasonableness and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients, with the aim of providing top line growth.
- To communicate any problems, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To monitor time spent to ensure all work is completed in accordance with the previously agreed budget and/or highlight concerns asap if there are any issues identified.
- To liaise with the client and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments, mainly audit and tax, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To maintain a good level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements as well as fulfilling the Institute’s CPE requirements.
- To support the training and development of the staff within the ABA department.
- To attend and fully participate in departmental meetings.
Skills and Experience
- Candidates should be studying and part qualified ACA or ACCA or have significant relevant experience.
- An understanding of the following accounting packages would be advantageous, Xero, Sage, SAPA, CCH Accounting
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements (experience of IFRS / charities SORP would be desirable, but not essential)
- Experience of working on audit-sized clients
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong accounts production skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's