|Job Title:||Accounts Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Sarah McHugh|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2020 12:48|
- To prepare statutory accounts to review stage (for Manager to review) and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary.
- To implement the firm’s review and completion procedures.
- To review accounts objectively (taking ‘helicopter view’) for reasonableness and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients, with the aim of providing top line growth.
- To communicate any problems, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To monitor time spent to ensure all work is completed in accordance with the previously agreed budget and/or highlight concerns asap if there are any issues identified.
- To liaise with the client and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments, mainly audit and tax, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To maintain a good level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements as well as fulfilling the Institute’s CPE requirements.
- To support the training and development of the staff within the ABA department.
- To attend and fully participate in departmental meetings.
- Candidates should be studying and part qualified ACA or ACCA or have significant relevant experience.
- An understanding of the following accounting packages would be advantageous, Xero, Sage, SAPA, CCH Accounting
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements (experience of IFRS / charities SORP would be desirable, but not essential)
- Experience of working on audit-sized clients
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong accounts production skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit & Accounts Supervisor
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £37000 per annum + TOIL + generous holidays
25 days holiday + flexible hours