£27000 - £33000 per annum
27 days ago
Fantastic opportunity to join a growing and thriving accountancy firm. Client contact, progression and development on offer, in a hands-on role.
Michael Page are partnering with a leading independent practice that is looking to recruit an ambitious Accounts Senior to join as a pivotal hire into their growing team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new accounts professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Accounts Senior position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Working within the tax department, you will manage a portfolio of Sole Traders, Partnerships, and Limited Companies, keeping their books and records on Xero, performing bank reconciliations, entering sales and purchase information, and preparing VAT returns for submission.
- You will also include the preparation of bank analysis and reconciliations, fixed asset registers, payroll reconciliations, and other necessary schedules involved in the preparation of financial statements and tax computations.
- You will be expected to undertake electronic filing of accounts and tax computations, prepare letters and perform any other work necessary to aid workflow through the department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Accounts Senior role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 1/2 years of post-qualification experience;
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment;
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team;
- The ability to take responsibility and use your own initiative to resolve problems and issues;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges;
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, etc;
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential; and
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience);
Pension and holidays - a wide range of benefits; and
Superb career opportunities supported with personal and technical advancement.