|Job Title:||Accounts Senior|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£44000 - £47000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gillian O'Regan|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2021 09:13|
The main duties for this position will involve the preparation of, year end accounts, VAT returns and monthly / quarterly management accounts, along with working on the books for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
A well established, London City Top 50 Accountancy firm founded for almost 100 years. Holding a belief that their people are at the core of the firms success they strive to continue to support their employees by developing them with both soft and technical skills.
A modern firm that are continuously driving themselves forward and have their clients long term best interests at the heart their business.
Partner experts provide a broad range of services with a bespoke and imaginative approach, along side contemporary advice at a fair price allowing them to provide commercial insight to see their clients evolve.
What's more, our people are our future; and realistic, practical training reflects this. We work not only to develop technical expertise but also the interpersonal skills required to enable us to deliver exceptional practice alongside an inventive approach.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships. To include completion of the accounts file,
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information to their required specification
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions) including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline
- Undertaking some bookkeeping on behalf of clients (both on and off site), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT
- Record time spent on each client's work using the computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget and on time
- Provide supervision to junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- Work towards long term objectives for technical and personal improvement
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience in a practice and will have completed their ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent by experience.
- Strong previous experience within an accountancy firm carrying out accounts preparation, VAT (including partial exemptions) and bookkeeping work, qualified to ACA/ACCA standard or equivalent by experience.
- A minimum of three to four years practical experience, or an ability to demonstrate the required technical knowledge to undertake the duties outlined above with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines, meeting pre-agreed budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, and clients
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and assist on ad hoc assignments
- Good IT skills, including experience of accounting software programs, with a track record of understanding client's needs and using technologies to achieve effective management
- Prior experience of using CCH software packages, Sage, Quickbooks and/or Xero Accounts
- Competitive Salary
- Central London - Zone 1
- 35 hour working week
- Mentoring programmes
- Manager development programme
- Regular in-office massages
- Fresh fruit in office
- Away day for team building
- Employee assistance programme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's