13 days ago
A great opportunity for an Accounts Semi Senior to join a dynamic team. Progress, develop, and grow at a top firm offering full study support.
This firm is an extremely well regarded West Wales based Chartered Accountancy firm and provide exceptional study support for their employees to gain ACA/ACCA. On top of this, they have a very solid client base which will give you great exposure across a variety of business, sectors and sizes. This firm invests in its employees and believes in giving junior members of staff exposure to all different practice aspects to enhance their development and progression.
The key responsibilities for this Accounts Semi Senior position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Carmarthenshire are:
- Processing transactions using cloud-based accounting software, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, nominal ledgers and processing all bank transactions. To include reconciling all balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- Maintaining client books and records on a regular basis, including preparation of VAT returns.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Report directly to a Manager / Senior Manager.
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high-quality client service.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines.
- Able to organise staff subcontracted to or working for them and the ability to appropriately train more junior members of staff.
- You will also be exposed to supporting the occasional audit.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Accounts Semi Senior role at a leading Accountancy firm in Carmarthenshire, you must be:
- AAT qualified and/or ideally in the early stages of studying towards further professional accounting qualifications (ACCA/ACA.)
- A minimum of 2 years of practice experience in a professional office.
- Must have experience in dealing with an agricultural client base.
- Experience in using Xero is essential for this role.
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time.
- Have a general business awareness gained either in a business-orientated accounts practice.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team's performance.
- An excellent communicator with a flair for dealing with various types and quality of accounting records.
Supportive team; personal growth and development on offer.
An innovative firm using technology to drive their success.