Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Accounts Semi Senior|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2020 15:25|
A great opportunity for an Accounts Semi Senior to join a dynamic team. Progress, develop, and grow at a top firm offering full study support.
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of client. This firm offers a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Accounts Semi Senior position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Processing transactions using cloud-based accounting software, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, nominal ledgers and processing all bank transactions. To include reconciling all balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Maintaining client books and records on a regular basis, including preparation of VAT returns
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Report directly to a Manager / Senior Manager
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines
- Able to organise staff subcontracted to or working for them and the ability to appropriately train more junior members of staff
- Regular travel and time working at client's premises; a willingness to travel and access to a car is essential
- Knowledgeable of firm's services and able to cross sell those services into the client base
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Accounts Semi Senior role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- AAT qualified and/or ideally in the early stages of studying towards further professional accounting qualifications (ACCA/ACA)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a professional office
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time
- Have general business awareness gained either in a business-orientated accounts practice or industry.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team's performance
25 days holiday plus statutory
Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA).
Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, well being, days out, restaurants etc.
4 x Death in service
Employee referral scheme - We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
Employee assistance program - 24 hour 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
Eye care vouchers
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit and Accounts Semi Senior - Study Support
£22000 - £30000 per annum
Personal Tax Semi Senior
£20000 - £26000 per annum + + optional study support package
Corporate Tax Semi Senior or Senior
£28000 - £32000 per annum + study support and benefits
Audit Semi Senior / Senior - Excellent Responsibility
£28000 - £40000 per annum