Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Accounts Semi Senior|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2020 13:02|
Accounts Semi Senior required to join a Cardiff based accountancy practice. Client contact, progression and development on offer, in a hands on role.
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of client. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts
The key responsibilities for this Accounts Semi Senior position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- To assist with the preparation of statutory accounts for a various range of clients
- VAT return preparation
- Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- To assist with preparation of year end financial statements/accounts for a range of unincorporated businesses.
- To keep Accounts Managers informed of job progress and any issues arising
- Keen to build on your practical experience, you will also enjoy maintaining consultative client relationships, as well as introducing other services to new and existing clients.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent accounts preparation skills, and will enjoy working with a variety of key clients across a broad range of sectors.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Accounts Semi Senior role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- You'll have technical skill accompanied with a strong work ethic and resilient, progressive mindset.
- Flexible and adaptable, you will be well organised, methodical and able to manage priorities.
- Able to communicate well with clients and colleagues, you will work well as part of a team.
- You will have 3 years, or significantly more experience within practice, carving a role within this team of professionals, carrying out accounts preparation for a wide ranging client base.
- You must also have VAT experience and will be tested on your knowledge during the interview process.
- As well as providing a quality accounts preparation service, the team advise on Xero and Cloud accounting software and you will have Xero knowledge and experience and be looking to develop and utilise this experience further, as a key addition to this growing and successful division within the firm.
37.5 hours per week, five days of 7.5 hours, flexi-time subject to core hours.
Study leave /support for ACCA examinations
Bonus of £300 on passing each paper
Annual leave 28 days inclusive of bank and public holidays (increases to 33 on qualification)
Discretion bonus which accrues after the 6 month probationary period and is normally paid in May each year
Pension scheme under which the firm contributes 5% of salary as long as the individual contributes 3%.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's