Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Accounts Semi Senior|
|Salary:||£Competitive Package, including substantial benefits|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 14:54|
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That is why so many clients recommend us year after year.
Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that are not found at more conventional firms. In return, we appreciate the need for a healthy work/life balance and offer family friendly benefits.
Due to continuous growth and recent merge of the departments, we’re looking for an Accounts Semi Senior to join our busy accountancy practice in Borehamwood. You will provide accurate accounting, VAT and bookkeeping services to a diverse range of clients, as well as assist in the development of junior staff to ensure they have the knowledge and skill to perform their job. Other key duties and responsibilities include:
- Accounts preparation for Limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships to year-end
- Maintain a portfolio of Accounts clients, including bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Analysis of accounting data from client's books and records
- Process and review of year-end journals for the larger portfolio in the team
- Prepare control accounts schedules for year-end team
- Liaise and assist year-end team with queries when statutory accounts are being prepared
- Liaise with various providers and statutory authorities on behalf of clients, under instruction and supervision
- Address client issues by researching as appropriate under direction
You’ll ideally have previous experience in a medium size practice, with sound knowledge of managerial accounting and bookkeeping services. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Previous experience using Sage, Xero and other accounting software
- Good knowledge of Company’s Acts and compliance
- Good working knowledge of VAT law and compliance
- Strong time management skills
- High level communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent attention to detail
We will offer you a highly competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable, warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts Semi Senior - Excellent Opportunity
£25000 - £35000 per annum
Audit and Accounts Semi Senior - Study Support
£22000 - £30000 per annum
Personal Tax Semi Senior
£20000 - £26000 per annum + + optional study support package
Corporate Tax Semi Senior or Senior
£28000 - £32000 per annum + study support and benefits
Semi Senior Accountant - Lovely Accountancy Practice!
£22000 - £25000 per annum