11 days ago
Newton and Garner
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an ACA qualification and at least 5 years' practice-based experience. The candidate will have strong experience providing compliance services such as preparation of statutory accounts, VAT returns and tax returns. The ideal candidate will also have senior experience in auditing.
Our company is well established for more than 90 years and currently has 3 directors and around 15 staff, with offices in North London.
The salary will be competitive on the basis the candidate contains the necessary experience and skills.
There are progression opportunities within the firm for the right candidate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing audits and reporting to engagement partner (around 30% of time)
- Preparing statutory accounts for a variety of client types and filing it with Companies House
- Preparing corporation tax computation and filing tax returns.
- Updating statutory records, including filing confirmation statements
- Preparing and file VAT returns
- Preparing and file personal tax returns
- Assisting in development junior member staff members
- Liaising with clients & building strong professional relationships
- Ability to work within time constraints & meet budgets
- Liaising with HMRC on client’s behalf
- Managing a team, reviewing & finalising files on the abovementioned jobs
- Software skills required: Xero, Sage, PTP, CCH accounts production and QuickBooks
Qualifications and Skills
We expect a successful candidate to have the experience in dealing with the responsibilities and duties as detailed above.
Up to date statutory accounts knowledge and sound accounting, corporate/personal tax and VAT technical knowledge is required. Must also be commercially aware.
Must be organised and ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time.
Experience of working with a variety of clients.
Should have experience in dealing with more complex accounting & tax queries.
Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Xero, SAGE,PTP, CCH Accounting and QuickBooks
Excellent Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
Problem solving skills
Ability to work well under pressure