Accounts Manager - director / partnership (long-term)
|Job Title:||Accounts Manager - director / partnership (long-term)|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jack Hughes|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2020 12:18|
Michael Page are pleased to be partnering exclusively with an Accountancy Practice based in Southampton who are currently recruiting for an Accounts Manager. This is a very autonomous role with high levels of responsibility both in terms of team management and client facing matters.
My client are a small practice based in Southampton who have a very prestigious background of delivering high levels of service to their clients. They have an interesting client base with great long-term prospects for the right candidate with good practice experience and leadership skills.
This Accounts Manager role would involve:
- Planning and managing accounts preparation
- Planning and executing project work alongside Partner for larger / key clients.
- Ensuring tax compliance and planning, identifying potential tax issues and opportunities
- Providing added value services
- Supervision and training of staff
- Business development activities and partner's assistant work
- Being part of the practice management team
- Maintaining service offering through corporate objectives and compliance with internal quality controls procedures.
The successful candidate for this Accounts Manager role will:
- Have experience managing an accounts department
- Budget, supervise and review staff responsible for completing client bookkeeping including management accounts, VAT returns, CIS returns and payroll.
- Budget, supervise and review staff preparing statutory compliant accounts using various software.
- Deal with routine personal and corporation tax matters and identify tax planning opportunities
- See added value opportunities for existing and and prospective clients in order to service them better
- Assist the Partner with consultancy and other non-routine projects as required
- Supervise and train staff whilst they study for professional examinations.
The ideal candidate will already have:
- An appreciation of the issues facing small and growing businesses
- Supervision and oversight skills
- Good excel and written skills
- Experience with a range of accounting systems
- Hold an accounting qualification, ACA or ACCA.
On offer for the right candidate is a very competitive salary as well as a flexible working environment and the chance to work autonomously.
If this is of interest, please get in contact with Jack Hughes directly to discuss this as well as other opportunities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit & Accounts Senior Manager / Director
56000 - 65000 + Benefits + Progression
Kingston upon Thames, London
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, negotiable