45000 - 55000 + Healthcare
17 days ago
Accounts Manager – Agriculture and Property
Ellacotts is one of the fastest growing independent accounting and business advisory firms in the UK and is listed as a Top 100 Accountancy Firm by Accountancy Age.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
We work closely with our clients to deliver carefully planned, clever solutions that are bespoke to their circumstances and designed to enable their success.
We are now looking for a Accounts Manager to join our Agriculture and Property Team to join us and deliver an exceptional service to our agriculture and property clients.
The true benefit for working with Ellacotts is the culture and values driven environment which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 28 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique Branded Ellacotts Cashback Card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working Structure Flex-e
- Vitality Healthcare
- Medical Cash Plan
- Comprehensive Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
Our people are our most important asset and we fully support their professional and personal development every step of the way. As a member of our team, you will be challenged to perform to the best of your ability, rewarded for your hard work and encouraged to pursue your goals.
As an Accounts Manager, you will manage a portfolio of clients and drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions.
In this important role, you will develop your knowledge of clients and their businesses and provide unique, tailored solutions to meet their needs.
You will also:
- Support the management of the Agriculture and Property Department, including completing staff appraisals and delegating tasks
- Act as the main point of contact for your clients for day-to-day matters
- Review accounts and tax returns prepared by junior staff
- Identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues and business planning points as part of the review process
- Assist Partners with specific assignments, such as business planning, advisory and tax matters
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11ds, tax returns, etc
-Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
To join us as an Accounts Manager you’ll need:
- Experience within a practice environment
- An ACA, ACCA or CTA qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication skills and a strong presence
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic approach
- An analytical mindset
Experience of working with rural businesses or similar would be beneficial, as would experience of working at manager level in a practice environment.
If you have strong accounts and tax knowledge and an ACA, ACCA or CTA qualification, this is a superb opportunity to support the success of a key department in our organisation
Other organisations may call this role Agriculture Account Manager, Farm Accountants Manager, Accountant, Agriculture Accountant, Accounts Senior, Qualified Accountant, Tax Advisor, or Chartered Tax Advisor.
Working 37.5 hours per week.