19 days ago
Accounts Manager - London
Due to growth we are recruiting for an Accounts Manager to work within our Central London office reporting directly to Partners. The position will be to assist with reviewing and finalising accounts preparations, management accounts and VAT returns as well as providing training and support to junior members of the team.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Accounts Manager role is offering a highly competitive salary, benefits and progression within the company.
The Accounts Manager duties will be:
- Management and delivery of accounts assignments
- Supervise, delegate and review work to juniors
- Deliver information to client in timely manner
- Display in depth client and industry knowledge
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- To review, amend and discuss accounts with the client before handing to partner for final client meeting
- Providing on the job training for junior staff and giving feedback on a timely basis
- Assisting clients with any queries they may have, including assuring that the member of staff with that particular expertise is made aware of more complex queries
- Gaining new work from existing and new clients where possible
- Experience of completing private company financial statements
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience - managing and delegating work to juniors
- Understanding of corporation tax, VAT and personal tax at a compliance level
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA fully qualified
The Accounts Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Xero, IRIS and Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Self- starter
If you are keen to secure a progressive Accounts Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.