|Job Title:||Accounts Manager|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + working from home|
|Contact Name:||James Clark|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2021 17:42|
Accounts Manager job Guildford Surrey ACA ACCA Remote working
Your new company
My client is a 5 Partner Firm based in central Guildford. A new role has become available in their accounts team at Manager level where you will have oversight of a small team. There is a wide variety of clients from large established companies, to entrepreneurial start-up companies requiring advice on how to set up a business in the UK.
Your new role
- Manage a portfolio of roughly 250 clients, both UK and Internationally based.
- Have overview of the accounting process
- Manage a team of 3 in the Guildford office as well as a team of 5 in their outsourcing team abroad.
- Review the preparation of accounts for corporate clients, partnerships and sole traders.
- Monitor work done by the team
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts, filleted Company Accounts and Full Company Accounts, including discussing the figures with clients and reporting any findings/variances.
- Group Accounts may be required from time to time.
- Prepare and check VAT returns in all HMRC calculation formats.
- Act as a liaison point between the tax department and client
- Be responsible for the training and supervision of new and junior members of staff in your team
- Promote new methods of working in the team and adopting new software as relevant
- Keep up to date with developments in the accounting industry and assisting the partners in driving the practice forward as technology changes
- Deal with the 'on-boarding' of new clients including MLRO duties
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified ACA or ACCA, or equivalent, with 5 years experience within Practice. You will have experience of managing a team with the ability to delegate work and motivate the team towards common goals. Working knowledge of Xero, Quickbooks and CCH.
What you'll get in return
My client is currently working 100% remotely, however, there will be a return to office when safe to do so. From then there will be a hybrid working policy with time split between the office and home. Salary is dependent on experience up to £55,000 plus benefits such as healthcare provision.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, negotiable
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 25 days holiday + flexi time
South West London, London
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + excellent package and remote working
Competitive Salary + Benefits