South West London, London
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
3 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Top 20 Firm - Accounts Manager - South West London/ Surrey
Your new company
My client is a Top 20 Firm with a national reach with a well established, loyal, varied and expansive portfolio, covering a variety of sectors including retail, manufacturing, telecommunications, aerospace, groups of companies and their subsidiaries. A fantastic opportunity to develop your career and progress.
Your new role
Working with senior management your duties will include:
- Practice management -
- Time sheets processing, and monitoring of colleagues time
- Billing targets and drafting of billing for partner approval
- Budget management to ensure good recoveries
- Responsible for overseeing bookkeeping, monthly management accounts preparation and year end accounts preparation for portfolio clients from various sectors and various types: Ltd, LLP, information to client in timely manner, more detail below.
- Management accounts -
- Aged debtors & creditors analyses
- Budgeting and forecasting - using of excel modelling and apps such as Spotlight.
- Trial balance, profit and loss, balance sheet preparation
- Variance analysis
- Projects profit and loss analysis, preparation of cash flow
- Accounts Production -
- Year-end processing
- Preparation of the abbreviated account and full accounts to directors including management information
- Preparation of CT600 and tax computation liaising with the tax department
- Preparation of consolidated accounts
- Liaising with audit team for clients requiring an audit.
- Taxation -
- As portfolio manager, being involved in over view of self-Assessment returns for owner managed clients, liaising with the tax team.
- Personal tax planning and tax planning for companies
- Budgeting and forecast
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with proven experience within public practice and have:
- Experience of completing private company financial statements
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience - managing and delegating work to juniors
- Understanding of corporation tax, VAT and personal tax at a compliance level
- Knowledge of law: FRS102 and Companies Act 2006
What you'll get in return
Along with an excellent salary and benefits package there are superb career prospects. The is also the opportunity for flexible working conditions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.