10 days ago
Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager – Esher
Due to growth we are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager to work within our flagship Esher office reporting directly to Partners. The position will be to assist with reviewing and finalising accounts preparations, management accounts and VAT returns as well as managing your own portfolio of clients.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930’s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager role is offering a highly competitive salary, with very real progression within the business available, which can be discussed further at interview:-
The Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager duties will be:
Practice management –
- Time sheets processing, and monitoring of colleagues time
- Billing targets and drafting of billing for partner approval
- Budget management to ensure good recoveries
- Responsible for overseeing bookkeeping, monthly management accounts preparation and year end accounts preparation for portfolio clients from various sectors and various types: Ltd, LLP, information to client in timely manner, more detail below.
Management accounts -
- Aged debtors & creditors analyses
- Budgeting and forecasting – using of excel modelling and apps such as Spotlight.
- Trial balance, profit and loss, balance sheet preparation
- Variance analysis
- Projects profit and loss analysis, preparation of cash flow
Accounts Production –
- Year-end processing
- Preparation of the abbreviated account and full accounts to directors including management information
- Preparation of CT600 and tax computation liaising with the tax department
- Preparation of consolidated accounts
- Liaising with audit team for clients requiring an audit.
- As portfolio manager, being involved in over view of self-Assessment returns for owner managed clients, liaising with the tax team.
- Personal tax planning and tax planning for companies
- Budgeting and forecast
- Experience of completing private company financial statements
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience – managing and delegating work to juniors
- Understanding of corporation tax, VAT and personal tax at a compliance level
- Knowledge of law: FRS102 and Companies Act 2006
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA fully qualified ideally
The Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of following software preferred: Iris, Xero, Receipt bank, Sage 50 and Microsoft Excel & Word
- Attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Self- starter
If you are keen to secure a progressive Accounts Assistant Manager / Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.