Accounts & Outsourcing Senior
|Job Title:||Accounts & Outsourcing Senior|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2020 16:39|
The completion of accountancy and outsourcing tasks for clients, both onsite and offsite, in conformity with the firms standards of quality and excellence and within budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish professional, polite and friendly relationships with client;
- Liaison with managers where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues
- Delegate work to more junior staff if required and monitor understanding and completion of those tasks
- Record clearly and concisely work done
- Complete accounts and outsourcing programmes by undertaking tasks allocated and signing off to evidence completion
- Preparation of information to undertake a cheque/bacs run
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and the update of the accounting records from the information and documentation made available.
- Reconciliation of accounts e.g. bank, sales and purchase ledgers and PAYE
- Prepare bank excel spreadsheet with running totals and agree daily to accounting records
- Maintain personal time records in accordance with the firm’s policy.
- Compute journal entries (e.g. depreciation, stock, work in progress, accruals, prepayments and wages) for approval
- Validation of all Trial Balance codes against external evidence.
- Develop Management Accounts files and related schedules for review by senior management
- Prepare Management accounts for clients for senior manager approval
- Ensure all deadlines are met within a timely manner
- Assist with the training and development of more junior members in the team
- To travel and work from client premises
- Provide training to clients in bespoke accounting software packages
- Possible involvement with statutory year-end accounts preparation
- Preparation of VAT returns and associated legislation returns.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Software experience with accounting packages such as Xero, Quickbooks and Sage 50 Accounts.
- The ability to produce accounts for sole traders and partnerships.
- Previous experience of dealing with a considerable client portfolio in practice
- Previous and demonstrable accounts experience
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- The ability to communicate with different levels of employees
- Ability to use initiative to assist clients without direct support;
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Ability to mentor junior members of staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
To be considered for this role please apply direct. We will not be considering agency CVs at this time.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's