Competitive + Benefits
6 days ago
To provide a high quality service to the Accounting & Outsourcing department’s client base and ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements under FRS102, IFRS and the Companies Act.
To supervise and coach staff in the preparation of a variety of statutory financial statements including large groups to be audited.
To be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from preparing annual statutory and management accounts to a more comprehensive fully bespoke solution such as providing on site client support.
To motivate, manage and also drive the development of the trainee and senior team to achieve the highest levels of performance and engagement.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business-focussed Accounting & Outsourcing team within a large global accounting firm, and a truly exciting opportunity to make your mark.
The clients will range from SME’s, Entrepreneurial and Private Client and Larger organisations based both in the UK and Internationally from a range of sectors including manufacturing, service industry, education sector and retail.
• Preparation of statutory accounts for clients, including consolidated accounts and consolidation workings
• To provide a high quality service to the Outsourcing department’s client base, including the provision of support in financial accounting.
• To be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from simply preparing annual statutory accounts to a more comprehensive fully bespoke payroll or taxation solution.
• Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously.
• Mentoring, supervising and training colleagues at Trainee or Senior Level
• Leading the development of the junior team and developing a succession plan to ensure the correct team structure going forwards
• Assist in overseeing the terms and scope of any new business and preparation of proposal documents
• Liaising with other departments for specialist advice
• Building relationships with clients.
• Engaging in business development activities
• Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
• Communicating effectively with our other service lines to increase cross-referred business.
• Keeping managers informed of case progress and any issues arising.
• Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
• Use of caseware to prepare statutory accounts within the office and on client premises.
• ACCA or ACA qualified with excellent broad practical accounting and statutory financial statements preparation experience.
• Strong people management skills with a passion for developing others
• Strong organisational skills
• Significant experience of the preparation of FRS102 and IFRS statutory accounts for a variety of businesses including large groups
• Relevant recent experience working in practice
• Strong business acumen
• Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong numerical and IT skills
• Beneficial to have experience of Caseware but not essential