Accounts & Business Services Manager
|Job Title:||Accounts & Business Services Manager|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2020 14:34|
Reporting to Directors and Partners, based in our Winchester office, you will be part of a dynamic business services team providing first class service to a diverse client base. Primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnerships, clients vary in size and complexity meaning a challenging role with good opportunity for progression. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients, all below the audit threshold, and work alongside other dedicated managers running the team and developing trainees.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a client portfolio delivering advice and an efficient compliance service and developing client relationships to become the first point of contact for our services.
- Review of files for accounts and corporation tax/personal tax prepared by team members – providing feedback for their development alongside ensuring quality delivery of services
- Providing advice to owner managed businesses on both business and personal matters
- Ability to consider appropriate digital solutions for clients; practical experience in this area highly desirable
- Part of the management team for our business services department in Winchester– contributing ideas for the ongoing development of the team and working together with other team members to improve processes and practices.
- Regular review of client WIP and debtors, ensuring billings are raised on a timely basis and monitored against budgets
- Attendance at marketing events (optional but encouraged)
- Conducting mid-year and annual appraisals and ongoing feedback to the team
- Contribute to team meetings; for example, providing updates on a technical area to enhance understanding
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- Manager level - with experience in an equivalent role looking for progression to Senior Manager or looking for progression from their current assistant manager/supervisor role; Senior Manager level - with experience in a senior manager position looking after a client portfolio and team.
- Demonstrable practice experience of portfolio management and delivering exceptional client service
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to manage a team and provide training, support and guidance to the Business Services department
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel – advanced Excel skills desirable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Demonstration of the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
- Ability to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure these are managed effectively.
- Understand the link between effective performance management and business results
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve client accounting deadlines, as well as other day to day work
- Ability to drive compliance work efficiently to permit more advisory time for client’s benefit.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Services Senior Manager / Director
West London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Competitive Salary + Benefits