|Job Title:||Accounting Senior|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charmaine Gandhi|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 12:36|
An exciting role in a progressive, medium-sized firm in London, offering a complete range of professional services, including audit, accounts, payroll and taxation. This opportunity includes book keeping, VAT returns and liaising with clients to obtain relevant information.
Our client prides themselves on the expert professional advice they offer, akin to those delivered by far larger firms. They deal with a diverse range of clients, from the entertainment industry to self-employed individuals. They put emphasis on integrity and objectivity, as well as being a trustworthy and impartial firm. Providing the full range of professional services, they ensure their services are tailored to the nature of their clients.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships. To include completion of the accounts file, in accordance with our client's procedures and production of accounts on CCH Central Software for review by Managers
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information to their required specification
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions) including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline
- Undertaking some book keeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at a client's premises covering any of the above areas, helping with client queries in relation to book keeping or accounts work. This may include providing clients with book keeping training.
- Reporting directly to the relevant manager of improvements which could be made to the client's accounts function as noted when conducting and preparing accounts.
- Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget
- Provide supervision and task support to more junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Accounting Solutions Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
- Completed ACCA qualification or equivalent
- Strong previous experience in accounts preparation, VAT (including partial exemptions) and book keeping work, qualified to ACCA standard or equivalent by experience, with a well-rounded knowledge of accounting standards and principles.
- Ideally, we are looking for a minimum of three to four years' relevant experience, or an ability to demonstrate the required technical knowledge to undertake the duties outlined above with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines, meeting pre-agreed budgets.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, partners and clients
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and assist on ad hoc assignments
- Ability to check for accuracy and give good attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate duties to staff, sharing knowledge and providing guidance as needed
- Good IT skills, including experience of accounting software programs, with a track record of understanding client's needs and using technologies to achieve effective management
- Prior experience of using CCH software packages, Sage, Quickbooks and/or Xero Accounts and/or other associated accounting apps
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (with the ability to buy and sell holiday each year)
- Pension provision
- Health cash plan
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Season ticket loan for travel
- An active social committee with frequent and varied events throughout the year
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Accounting Specalist
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Head of Cloud Accounting
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£35,000 to £45,000 pro rata
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£20000 - £28000 per annum
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Full Study Support