Accounting Manager - French
|Job Title:||Accounting Manager - French|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||April 13, 2021 16:01|
French speaking Accounting Manager - Growing business - Tech sector
My client an established tech business in Gloucester are currently recruiting for an experience Accounting Manager to look after their french entities.
Responsible for managing the activities involved in performing accounting functions (e.g. financial statements, audit reporting and financial disclosure assistance, internal controls assessment, risk management, etc.) for assigned entities.
Ensuring that activities are performed in an accurate manner within established deadlines; participate in the coordination of accounting functions between divisions; and assist in the transition of acquired companies to the companies financial systems, procedures, and policies; participate in the activities involved in the quality resolution of issues or concerns related to accounting activities; coach, develop and mentor subordinates to achieve quality performance.
- Review accounting topics of subsidiary companies for compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Participate in the coordination of accounting functions between business segments and divisions, ensuring an understanding of financial systems, procedures, and policies, as well as how they relate to corporate goals and objectives and ensuring a thorough understanding of accounting functions performed at division and corporate levels
- Continuously review the effectiveness of current operations, striving to identify improvements to current processes
- Assist with the preparation of month-end and annual statutory financial statements, in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaison with external auditors
- Assist with the preparation of VAT and Corporate tax returns
- Assist with the maintenance of cash flow forecasts
- Assist with the provision of information to enable timely updating of weekly projections
- Continually review accounting systems, recommending upgrade and system improvements as necessary
- Know and support approved accounting, corporate, and departmental policies and procedures
- Properly interpret, communicate, and assure acceptance from subordinates of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, review internal controls for consistency and to ensure controls are being followed by subordinate staff
- Promote employee development by establishing performance measures that encourage employees to excel
- Continually assess personal management skills determining strengths and developing a plan to address areas for growth
- Participate in the development of strategies to find optimal solutions to compensate, attract, and retain the talent necessary to achieve established goals and objectives
- Assist staff with establishing and attaining career development goals
- Ensure that employee training is effectively conducted for all positions throughout assigned area of responsibility
Fantastic role for a French speaking accountant who is looking to progress their career. Great people and culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's