Req. #: R24532
about 1 month ago
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Accounting skills? Are you looking for an accounting experience that isn't like any other company? We are looking for exactly that kind of person.
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While we’re focused on providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is built from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
Groupon is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join our accounting team as an Accounting Manager. The role will be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the accounting team based in London.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll be responsible for the following:
- Supervise monthly close and ongoing accounting related tasks
- Review of high risk/confidential balance sheet reconciliations
- Review & approval of monthly accounting entries prepared by the team
- Review of monthly reconciliations under US GAAP
- Variance analysis of monthly and quarterly financial performance
- Liaising with external and internal auditors
- Responsible for SOX Compliance
- Partner with various stakeholders to scope and support the business with the launch of key revenue related business initiatives
- Lead in process improvement initiatives and automation to drive efficiencies in the close process
- Provide support, manage & coaching to the wider accounting team
- Any other duty that may be required for the effective performance within the role
We're excited about you, if you have:
- Degree in Accounting & Finance (preferred)
- CA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent (required)
- Big 4 / Audit experience (required)
- Experience managing a team of 2-3 people (required)
- US GAAP & IFRS knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and meet strict and multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Previous experience using Netsuite (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.