21 days ago
Overall job purpose
This role provides the opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join our growing East Midlands team. Our East Midlands office is dedicated to achieving double digit growth year on year. This exciting opportunity is with
our Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team. The ABA team provides accounting, business advisory and financial reporting services. Our client base is a mixture of entities including large corporate, international and owner managed businesses and not-for-profit. Our clients range from large international groups to growing early stage businesses. Our ABA department services include:
- The preparation of year-end statutory accounts;
- The preparation of management accounts, KPI reporting and other financial information;
- Complex financial reporting advisory and consultancy;
- Ad-hoc secondment work to support gaps in client teams;
- Outsourced accountancy services including the production of monthly management information; and
- Company secretarial services.
Purpose of role:
- Preparation of financial statements for limited companies (both standalone and group) with good knowledge of the disclosures required in each case. Confidence in dealing with team members and clients and being involved in client meetings as and when necessary.
- Dealing with personal and corporate tax matters including the preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Bookkeeping services including the preparation of VAT returns.
- Various company secretarial and business advisory assignments.
- Liaising with our internal tax department to resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Act as a support role to assistants and assist management when required.
- Maintain good client relationships and become a regular contact point for clients, dealing with any issues arising quickly and effectively.
- Identify areas of potential weakness in clients’ systems and recognising where extension fees may be raised.
- A thorough understanding and adherence to RSM methodology and required quality standards.
- Understands and adheres to ethical standards.
- A thorough understanding of internal compliance procedures.
- A relevant professional qualification (typically ACA/ACCA).
- Ability to develop wider sector specialisms with a view to specialise if appropriate.
- Able to review financial statements.
- Able to demonstrate effective professional scepticism.
- Previous experience of preparing statutory accounts and corporate tax computations for both audit exempt companies and larger, complex corporate entities.
- A detailed knowledge of relevant accounting standards and legislation, including FRS102 and IFRS.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change and new objectives.
- Ability to relate well to other staff and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Sage, CCH AP, and Alphatax.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.