Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Louise O'Donoghue|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2019 18:14|
Your opportunity to join a fast growing team in a vibrant and modern office environment to hone your financial reporting skills and help to drive the development of the Accounting & Financial Reporting ('AFR') team.
As an AFR Manager you will have responsibility for a portfolio of client work reporting directly to the team Director.
Large international professional services firm that are currently looking to add to their growing SME Accounting & Financial Reporting Team, working alongside their well respected Corporate Finance team on specific projects.
This role will include all aspects of service delivery from client take on to final reporting and client meetings ensuring all assignments are delivered to a high quality and within agreed timescales.
Act as a major point of contact within the firm for a portfolio of clients. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
Supporting CF on large clients where this departments services are more relevant. Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues with clients in a timely manner.
A key aspect of the role will be taking responsibility for proactively contributing to the management of all AFR business development activity. This will include preparing pricing for new opportunities, production of proposals and collaborating on the day-to-day management of the pipeline of opportunities. In particular developing the teams IFRS and US GAAP capabilities to ensure we maximise these opportunities.
In addition to client facing work and business development activity you will also work to provide support to the management team on departmental issues including resourcing, coaching and feedback to more junior members of staff, ensuring compliance with the stream's policies and procedures and the firm's risk management procedures.
Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
- Qualified ACA or equivalent.
- Significant previous experience in an assistant manager role or experience in a manager role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation or audit services to large businesses.
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS 102 and related financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts, consolidations and cash flows. Including consolidations from source documentation.
- Working knowledge of IFRSs as well as previous experience reconciling IFRS and UK GAAP results.
- Managing and developing staff, i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Training and knowledge of the new IFRS standards (IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16)
* Experience with large groups
* Experience in US GAAPs
* Business development experience - able to contribute to the identification and conversion of opportunities to sell work.
Competitive package and benefits. An excellent work life balance and flexible working environment
A fantastic variety of clients and project work.
If you would like a further discussion please contact:
0121 634 6920
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Financial Accounting Manager
City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum + £7k car/cash allowance, 15% Bonus
Accounts / Tax Manager and Cloud Accounting Expert
£33000 - £43000 per annum + plus benefits
Accounting and Advisory Senior
Financial Reporting Accountant
Head of Group Financial Reporting
City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum + £7k car/cash allowance, 15% Bonus