19 days ago
This role provides an opportunity to work across a small portfolio of accounting and business advisory clients in the Bristol office. The client portfolio are small businesses across a variety of sectors including non-for-profit, property and media.
- Develop effective working relationships across a portfolio of between five and ten clients;
- Complete bookkeeping tasks on your portfolio of clients;
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis;
- Deal with general administrative and ad-hoc business matters on a daily basis; and
- Monitor the firm’s own commercial performance and recoveries on the projects.
- Basic company secretarial duties; and
- Coaching and support of more junior team members.
The candidate will be joining the Bristol office Accounting and Business advisory team. This growing team provides accounting, business advisory and financial reporting services. The client base is a mixture of entities including large corporate, owner managed businesses and non-for-profit. Client size varies from international groups to growing early stage businesses. Broader services include:
- The preparation of year-end statutory accounts;
- The preparation of management accounts, KPI reporting and other financial information;
- Complex financial reporting advisory and consultancy;
- Ad-hoc secondment work to support gaps in client teams;
- Outsourced accountancy services such as bookkeeping and VAT is requested; and
- Company secretarial services.
- To maintain bookkeeping records for a small portfolio of clients
- To prepare high quality management accounts for clients within agreed timetables
- To deal with general business and administrative matters as they arise across the client portfolio
- To communicate with the owners, directors and trustees of the client base directly
- To monitor the firm’s commercial recoveries and ensure projects are completed within agreed timetables and budgets
- To develop and maintain an appropriate level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil CPD requirements
- To work closely and effectively with other team members including managers, supervisors and assistants. To ensure firm policy and procedures are followed
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health & Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Office Managing Partner
- A minimum of five years of experience working as an Accountant in practice or industry. An accounting qualification of AAT or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of working with clients within professional practice or within an established business, with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong bookkeeping skillset is fundamental. Experience with accounting packages highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience of building lasting client relationships
- An adaptable and collaborative team player able to work at all levels from trainee to Partner
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office products including MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to deliver results autonomously – a “self-starter”