Req. #: R24531
about 1 month ago
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join our International accounting team as an Accountant (Revenue). At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive.
Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will play a key role in the month-end close process by preparing journal entries and managing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- You will review balance sheet and income statement variances and prepare detailed analyses explaining the monthly and quarterly fluctuations.
- Assist Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures.
- Seek solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior /accounting managers.
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Engage with Finance and Tax departments by providing general ledger detail and analysis for financial performance.
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred but not essential)
- Big 4 / Audit experience (preferred but not essential)
- CA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA,
- Understanding of US GAAP/IFRS and 1 to 2 years of accounting experience
- You're comfortable with MS Office, with Excel being your secret favorite
- You ideally have experience with general ledger/month-end close processes
- Working knowledge of NetSuite accounting system a plus
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You're enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- You thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment
- You're seeking to join a collaborative but driven Finance department
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Positive attitude with an ability to upskill and learn quickly and proactively
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.