In this role you will provide support for Managers and Directors of the agricultural portfolio in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients to include financial reporting, corporate taxation, personal taxation & planning, audit & assurance.
In addition, through experience and knowledge, start to take responsibility for the largely agricultural focused portfolio & support more junior staff in their agricultural journey.
Key Responsibilities -
• Preparation & review of accounts & tax returns prepared by other members of the team, clearing all review points to director level. This will predominantly be farming businesses but will also include some non-agricultural work at certain times of the year
• Work towards developing relationships with agricultural clients to become their first point of contact on day-to-day matters.
• Ensure that necessary adjustments are made to accounts after review and prior to finalisation with the client.
• Job tracking and management to include preparation of draft documents.
• Preparation of tax computations for review.
• Delegate work to junior staff & monitor progress, including review of work once completed.
• Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern & recommend actions for improvement.
• Be part of a team undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadlines. Work towards managing audits for agricultural clients.
You will have -
• Working knowledge of agriculture / farming
• Qualified ACA / ACCA or qualified by experience
• Ability to identify a problem & provide a possible solution
• Excellent numeracy / literacy skills along with strong IT skills
• Competent in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
About you -
• Self-motivated & driven to succeed within the team, being results-oriented with a positive outlook
• Desire to develop & progress within the business with the ability for further study if required / necessary & with a passion & willingness to “go the extra mile” to perform to the very highest standard
• Excellent communication skills both verbal & written including ability to take notes
• A people person with an interest in supporting junior staff to enable their development to the highest standard
• A good networker with marketing & business development skills with a desire to build & develop the agricultural portfolio
• Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and client’s sites when applicable.