18 days ago
This is a newly created role, the main function will be to support the Financial Accountant in the job of keeping the organisational accounts to the highest professional standard, as well as to support any member of the organisation and/or partners with their financial needs.
My client who are looking to bring on a new Accountant are a warm and welcoming business in South Oxon, near Didcot. They have a wonderful office that they are beginning to work from again on a flexible basis.
The duties of the Accountant are:
- Supporting month-end activities including Group reporting, journals, invoicing and balance-sheet reconciliations
- VAT return preparation & submission for the Group, including monthly completion and filing Intrastat reports.
- Preparation of the statutory financial accounts and information for the annual Tax filings
- Support in assembling data for quarterly and annual Tax filings and interim and final statutory audits
- Complete weekly bank reconciliations and provide cash flow forecasts for UK accounts
- Supplier setups and maintenance on the finance system, follow up outstanding PO receipting
- Compete monthly fixed asset process e.g. depreciation, additions, disposals
- Fixed Assets impairment review
- Fixed Asset monthly forecast reporting
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual National statistics
- Review aged debtors and creditors monthly following up aged items
- Completing and agreeing monthly intercompany balances
- Maintaining UK Finance user facing documentation e.g. Expenses and DOA
- Adhoc projects and reports as needed.
The successful Accountant will be:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA Qualified (newly qualified)
- Minimum of 2 years working experience within a Finance Department
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Good attention to detail and being proactive in suggesting system improvements
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Proven ability of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel.
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive salary along with an attractive benefits package.
Happy to discuss remuneration on the phone.