|Reference:||Varde - Accountant 676|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Reidy-Bond Housham|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2020 11:42|
Värde Partners is a $14 billion global alternative investment firm that employs a value-based approach to investing across a broad array of geographies, segments and asset types, including corporate and traded credit, real estate, mortgages, financial services, real assets and infrastructure. The firm sponsors and manages a family of private investment funds with a global investor base that includes foundations and endowments, pension plans, insurance companies, other institutional investors and private clients. Now in its third decade, Värde employs more than 300 people globally with regional headquarters in Minneapolis, London and Singapore.
Värde’s investing activities are guided by the following investment philosophy: (i) search opportunistically for undervalued or inefficient markets; (ii) invest in financial assets at a discount to their intrinsic value; (iii) identify catalysts for value recognition; (iv) pursue medium-term investment horizons; and (v) manage risk through diversified investment programs and trading strategies.
Our firm’s core values of Integrity, Excellence, Collegiality, Innovation and Humility are apparent in our workplace every day. Värde employees are rewarded for their contributions, especially their passion, expertise and ideas. For more information, please visit our website at www.varde.com. If you would like to be considered for employment with Värde Partners, please review our open roles on our careers page.
To join a well-respected, growing global firm with a fantastic culture. This is a great opportunity for someone enthusiastic and ambitious to develop their career and play a visible, hands-on role in a high performing Finance team as it adapts to meet the evolving needs of the business. The successful individual will report to the Accounting Manager for Europe and play a key role in the continued development of the European Finance function based in London.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the preparation of monthly management accounts for Värde’s European subsidiary entities, reconciling accounts, resolving queries and collaborating across Finance and non-Finance functions
- Control the European subsidiaries, including managing working capital, payments and funding and regulatory capital adequacy
- Support the interim and year-end audits including statutory accounts preparation, collating information required and auditor liaison
- Support the European Finance team on technical accounting issues, including new standards and GAAP reconciliations
- Provide analysis and insight into the drivers of entity level performance and costs as well as ad-hoc information requests
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and forecast and variance analysis
- Prepare of tax filings including VAT returns and corporate tax submissions
- Critically review and improve policies and procedures to increase effectiveness of the team
- Play a role in local and global projects and initiatives, including system improvements and leveraging technology
- Recently qualified accountant (ACA or CA)
- Background in the audit of private equity is preferred but wider financial services knowledge is essential
- Very strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and own multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- An experienced and confident communicator with excellent written and verbal English communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a global environment
Värde Partners Europe Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's