|Job Published:||June 19, 2020 16:38|
Vacancy Notice 10/2020
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB), established in 1956, is a multilateral development bank with a unique social mandate.
The CEB works to strengthen social cohesion and build thriving communities in Europe by financing projects that promote inclusive growth, support vulnerable groups and bolster environmental sustainability.
The Accounting Unit (Accounting and Controlling Division, Risk and Control Directorate) is looking for a skilled and dynamic accountant to implement and monitor reporting, control and research activities. Reporting to the Head of Accounting, the successful candidate will possess excellent analytical skills, the ability to effectively summarize and communicate complex information clearly, and has demonstrated strong communications skills in a multicultural environment.
- Oversee the development of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and their applicability to the Bank
- Advise on updating accounting principles, propose appropriate technical solutions
- Improve financial information management and reporting systems
- Conduct technical validation of accounting tests to use when introducing new banking products
- Prepare normative reports, as part of the Bank’s integrated reporting process
- Develop monitoring and control tools for the unit’s financial reporting
- Draft and update accounting procedures
- Review, implement and monitor general accounts
- Organise and conduct operational calculations and ensure that dedicated IT tools are working properly
- Advise the Head of Unit on issues related to accounting policies and procedures, results achieved, new requirements and risks and opportunities associated with developments.
This description takes into account the main tasks and is not exhaustive. More generally, the incumbent will perform any other tasks that may be assigned to him/her as part of the unit’s activities.
- Higher education diploma in finance / accounting or equivalent.
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) certification is a strong asset.
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS and their applicability in banking.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years professional experience, ideally as an accountant in a banking environment after an initial experience in a “Big Four” auditing firm.
• Aptitude for analysis and deductive reasoning.
The minimum requirement is fluency in one of the Bank's two official languages (English/French) and a good knowledge in the other.
• Client Orientation
• Result Orientation
• Team Work
Nationality: Citizen of one of the Bank's Member States.
1) Contract: the CEB offers an initial 4-year appointment (including a one-year probationary period), with, under certain conditions, the possibility of renewal
2) Grade and salary:
- •Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starting at either 6,300 EUR or 7,780 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
For more information, please consult the CEB Basic Salary Scale in section 5. Benefits of the CEB website
As an international organisation, the CEB enjoys a special status which means that our staff members receive their salaries free of income tax in France. In addition to this, our offer includes allowances* and medical and personal insurance. All of our staff members benefit from a generous contributory pension plan which provides them with either a pension or a leaving allowance.
* Benefits determined by the candidate's personal situation:
- basic family allowance
- dependent child supplement
- one additional monthly dependent child supplement for a single-parent family
- supplement for a disabled and dependent parent subject to certain conditions
- supplements for a disabled or severely disabled child subject to certain conditions
- education allowance (children) for expatriate staff members
- Installation allowance and reimbursement of travel and removal expenses subject to certain conditions
Deadline for applications: 09 July 2020
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's