We are on the lookout for a talented Senior Manager to join our Tax Business Partnering team as a Financial Control Leader, contributing to both the Finance Business Partnering team for Tax and PwC's Financial Risk & Controls Center of Excellence.About Us:
The PwC UK Group grew rapidly in FY23 with revenues of c£5.8bn and further growth targets for the years ahead. Exciting new service areas are being developed across our markets and we continue to innovate, transforming our delivery as a firm. The broader macroeconomic environment in which we operate remains uncertain and regulatory requirements continue to evolve. Maintaining robust financial control across the business has never been more important than now. Against this backdrop, we are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join our Tax team on a 12-month secondment to reinforce financial control oversight within our Tax Line of Service.
PwC's Finance Business Partnering team and Financial Risk & Controls Center of Excellence are part of our broader Finance network of c350 professionals specialising in business partnering, commercial excellence, financial control, taxation, immigration, treasury, procurement and planning and reporting activities. About the Role:
As a Financial Control Leader, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the financial control landscape within Tax. You will closely collaborate with senior stakeholders, influence change, and contribute to innovative control solutions that set us apart. You will report to the Finance Director for Tax, and collaborate closely with the Head of the Financial Risk & Controls Center of Excellence (FR&C).
The primary goal of this role is to identify and mitigate emerging risks across the Tax Line of Service by developing a robust controls framework. Key finance risks within the scope encompass:
- Reporting risk
- Financial performance
- Safeguarding of assets
- Working capital management
- Regulatory and contractual compliance
To achieve success, you will have an opportunity to establish and leverage a broad network of key relationships across the business, being a go-to, pragmatic specialist on financial control matters. You will play a pivotal role in designing innovative control solutions, ensuring buy-in from operational management responsible for delivery.Key Responsibilities:
- Establish a robust framework for identifying emerging financial risk exposures across Tax's diverse activities
- Actively participate in monthly Risk and Control Governance Forums with key stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with Finance Senior Stakeholders, Financial Risk and Controls Centre of Excellence to manage all finance risk attributes, ensuring alignment with the firm's risk appetite
- Provide technical advice on the appropriate revenue recognition for large, complex client engagements, ensuring compliance with accounting policies
- Provide informed finance risk perspectives, supporting stakeholders on large change projects for Tax, such as system implementations, transactions, transformation initiatives, new business activities, new regulations and new accounting standards
- Oversee the delivery of the financial control framework and methodology in Tax, ensuring clarity and effective 2nd line controls
- Support Tax and Finance teams in process and control enhancements through continuous improvement and innovation
- Facilitate the delivery of the annual statutory and internal audit reviews, as required, and debate and agree control recommendations with the internal and external auditors
- Coach best practices across the Tax business
- Qualified Accountant: Possess recognized qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, or CIMA, ideally coupled with a minimum of 3 years PQE in relevant disciplines like auditing, financial controllership, or finance business partnering
- Proven Senior-Level Influence: Demonstrate a successful track record of influencing at a senior level, showcasing expertise in managing cross-functional teams through transformative phases in financial processes, systems, and controls
- Communication Skills: Exhibit high-impact communication and presentation skills, effectively influencing the direction of business initiatives and strategies
- Commercial Mindset: Embrace a commercially-focused mindset, showcasing the ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas for improving the existing setup. Proven track record in driving operational bottom-line value
- Project Leadership: Possess excellent organizational skills, showcasing the ability to lead multiple work streams concurrently. Demonstrated success in delivering projects in a timely manner.
- Relationship Building: Establish and nurture effective relationships within the Finance team and the wider PwC community. Showcase the ability to unite a team, fostering collaboration, and skillfully setting the direction of travel for collective success
If you are ready to elevate your career in a collaborative and innovative environment, we want to hear from you!