You will join our team of experts specialising in Corporate Tax Compliance. The team provide clients with advice on various compliance issues including paying and minimising their tax liabilities. Our clients range from multinationals to smaller mid tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors, providing you with opportunities to broaden your technical knowledge. Specifically, we are looking for specialists in fund management & financial services
Our Tax Compliance team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across a prestigious client base. The variety of work, size of our team and focus on learning and development brings about opportunities to specialise in particular industries or technical areas.
Our team is agile and open to new ways of working. The investment in automation and robotics enables us to be at the forefront of change and innovation. Together, we produce technical excellence, innovative solutions and an outstanding client experience.
Our team spans multiple locations across the UK and we work collaboratively, as one team, with overseas centres.
You will join our team of experts specialising in supporting clients with their Corporate Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting obligations. Our clients range from multinationals to smaller mid tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors, providing you with opportunities to broaden your technical knowledge.
You will work alongside other tax specialists managing a range of activities, for the clients in your portfolio including;
- Up-front scoping and engagement planning with clients
- Liaising with the Data Management team on the approach to data collection for your clients
- Review and submission of tax accounting schedules
- Review and technical approval for the submission of corporation tax returns
- Opportunity spotting for related PwC services and helping clients to manage their tax risk
- Have a high level of client contact and being responsible for organising, monitoring and managing your own workload.
- Budget management
- Assisting in the development of other staff.
- Being involved in the running of our practice, contributing to the growth and profitability of the team.
You will will benefit from:
- Experience working across a broad range of clients and technical areas, including the opportunity to specialise or deepen specialist knowledge in a particular technical area or industry, e.g. fund management, financial services.
- Being empowered to apply a growth mindset and play a part in shaping the future of compliance practices and approaches.
- Opportunity to continuously develop your technical, professional and digital skills based on your interests and ambition.
- Opportunity to drive and direct your career with mentorship from senior leaders. .
- Empowered flexibility - As part of a hybrid working approach, it's our commitment to empowering our people to flex working patterns to accommodate what works best for you, our team and our clients.
- Being part of an inclusive and diverse team who support and encourage one another to be the best they can be.
We are an expanding, agile team of fun, collaborative individuals which gives its people the opportunity to grow in their career. At PwC you will tap into a culture of openness, creativity and inclusivity and we are seeking like minded individuals to join us on our journey.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong UK corporate tax skills
- Preferably hold an accountancy or tax professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ATT, CTA or similar) or have demonstrable knowledge and skills that these qualifications provide.
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and ability to adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs.
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with a range of stakeholders and senior client personnel
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities
- Be an effective delegator and strong coach for more junior staff