We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.Our Private Client US/UK team help our clients navigate the frequently changing and complex landscape of having exposure to both US and UK taxation, and manage the international tax environment related to stringent reporting requirements. A career in our team will provide you with the opportunity to advise clients on their US and UK tax affairs, while acting as a trusted advisor feeding in on any tax considerations to be had when making financial decisions or acquiring assets. You will also help individuals understand where the primary right to tax lies in different scenarios, as well as providing advice on tax implications of movement of funds.We value curious minds and collaborative spirits, working together to help clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you'll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver a best in class service.Responsibilities
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their personal finances, businesses, while navigating complexity and risk.
We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions.
With clients ranging from ultra high net worth individuals to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
We work within PwC's International Private Client Network, collaborating widely to offer a holistic, end to end service to our clients. We value curious minds and collaborative spirits, working together to help clients navigate the ever changing US/UK tax landscape.
As part of the team you will be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver a best in class service.The Role
We are looking to hire a Manager based in our London office with experience of advising high net worth individuals, private equity executives and business owners on a broad range of complex US/UK tax matters. This is a client facing role where the responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Key Skills and Experience
- Managing a diverse and broad portfolio of client engagements, while delegating responsibility to junior staff (Senior Associates and Associates) and consulting Senior Managers and Directors where applicable.
- Working closely with experienced Private Client Partners, Directors and Senior Managers and having the responsibility of helping develop new client relationships and deliver complex projects, identifying and pursuing new opportunities from within our market.
- Maintaining an expert level of relevant US & UK tax knowledge, staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues, including delivering sessions at client /knowledge sharing events.
- Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to Senior Associates and Associates within the team while also keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
The successful candidate will possess initiative, drive and proven ability to work with a growing team, possessing the personal skills to maintain deep, trusted long-term relationships with our clients and contacts in the market. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant, detailed and up-to-date US and UK tax knowledge in the personal tax industry is essential. Experience of dealing with complex tax issues facing owners, founders and executives, as well as privately or family owned businesses is highly relevant.
- Strong analytical & technical skills with attention to detail to ensure accurate tax calculations and compliance.
- Experience in advising on international aspects such as residence, domicile and arriving/leaving the US and the UK is essential as many of our clients have a global footprint and are internationally mobile.
- Project management skills - being able to manage several demanding client projects while remaining resilient and planning workload for themselves and others.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines throughout the year and deliver high-quality work.
- Excellent communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on complex client engagements in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication - providing thorough and robust review of all written deliverables, including reports, technical memos and other concise advice for clients.
- Training, coaching and delegation - the successful candidate will help other Managers in the team train, coach, develop and delegate to a team of associates and senior associates; helping them grow their tax technical expertise alongside their client management skills.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client and contact relationships, pursuing opportunities and overseeing the delivery of tax returns and written deliverables.
- Must be an Enrolled Agent and one of the following; ACA,CTA or ATT qualified.