The Pensions Management Consulting (PMC) team in PwC works with clients
to establish and maintain effective pension scheme operations and
governance processes. Pension services exist in an ever changing and
challenging environment. Against a backdrop of legislative change, regulatory
requirements and increasing pressure on company balance sheets, the
governance and administration of these arrangements has had to constantly
adapt as Trustees and sponsoring employers seek to control costs and
Working as part of the broader workforce network, the Pensions
Management Consulting team is a client facing team with deep specialist
skills and expertise over the spectrum of pensions change projects including
outsourcing, administration contract reviews, target operating model design,
software selection and implementation, data analysis, process re-engineering,
implementing operational change, governance and risk management, and
We continue to work with the biggest names in industry in the private sector
as well as playing an instrumental role in the development of pension services
in the public sector. In the private sector, we've been engaged by a number of
high-profile clients to:
- Help them deal with legislative requirements such as workplace pension reforms, GMP reconciliation and preparation for Pensions Dashboards
- Achieve increased levels of efficiency and cost saving across their operations
- Help them to deliver an outstanding experience to their members
- We also have an increasing international client base covering America, Europe, Asia and Africa with a strong ambition to grow and raise our profile in these global markets.
- To support our continuing growth strategy, we want to recruit 2 Managers to join the team. These positions will require strong pensions technical and client facing skills. We are looking for candidates with a strong track record of delivery across a range of pensions projects and the ability to be adaptable to meet changing client demands.
- PMI qualified or part qualified.
- Prince 2 qualified or part qualified (desirable).
- Significant pensions knowledge and willingness to utilise this
- knowledge in a consultative capacity.
- Signification change experience.
- Experience of trust and/or contract based pension arrangements.
Commercial and technical
- Proven client management/consulting skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- A willingness to become involved in business development and a
- proven network of contacts.
- Some experience of delivering proposals, pitches and winning work.
- Strong understanding of the pensions industry, how this is
- developing in the digital age and what this means for pensions
- Good, proven experience in pension change management projects.
- Experience of supervising/managing other team members.
- Self-sufficient, able to work without supervision and show initiative
- where required.
- Responsive to change and adaptable to new situations.
- Proven track record of delivery across a range of projects.
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking and an analytical and logical
- approach to their work.
- Proven team working skills and committed to building the team /
- Fully flexible regarding travel and working away from home when
- Willing to meet tight deadlines while not compromising quality.
- Self-awareness and understanding of how they come across to
- others; able to flex their approach and style to suit the situation.
Successful candidates are likely to have had experience of undertaking large
scale pension change projects, with extensive exposure to the UK pensions
Education: Degree level
The role requires travel and, at times, periods spent away from home,
including working overseas. Candidates should have the flexibility to meet