About the team
We're a team of finance professionals who deliver bespoke and standard finance solutions to our clients on an insourced, outsourced or co-sourced basis. We use our tech-enabled platforms to deliver a first class service to our clients which include running all or part of their finance function, or providing interim support to their teams. Our service is flexible and scalable to help meet changing business needs in a complex environment - and it's powered by our highly skilled people.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Operate TP team to meet the continually growing demand for the team's specialist services as a TP delivery hub. We are looking for a self-starting individual who is happy with responsibility, wants to work in a dynamic environment and has the flexibility to work on multiple engagements with different teams on a simultaneous basis. Work within the Operate TP team is mainly project delivery based and will involve working with the various specialist teams across the PwC UK transfer pricing network. The Operate TP team forms a core part of our national network and we can offer some flexibility in terms of your location and your working arrangements. Skills and Experience
About the role
- Strong technical capabilities and experience in Transfer Pricing to an experienced Senior Associate level or equivalent.
- Proactive management of a portfolio of clients and projects including all aspects of financial and risk management, showing attention to detail, self-motivation and taking full ownership of projects. .
- A track record of delivering quality TP work for clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships. An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines is key, as is an ability to promptly address problems and maintain professional standards.
- The ability to foster and build a cohesive team, developing and enhancing the team and the offering of TP Operate, and contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Developed communication skills, including negotiating with and influencing others.
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CAI), Chartered Tax Advisor (ATT, CTA), Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) or equivalent international or legal professional qualification
The Operate Transfer Pricing team provides flexible team extension resources to the rest of the PwC UK transfer pricing network. The Operate TP team is not a 'typical' outsourced team in that they are fully integrated into the relevant TP engagement teams that they support. The team delivers efficient, high quality delivery with a main, but not exclusive, focus on TP documentation and benchmarking. This is an exciting time for the Operate TP team as we are expanding the scale, scope and capabilities of the team.
PwC's UK transfer pricing team specialises in helping multinational organisations understand and price transfers of goods, services, intellectual property and funding between related parties. We learn how our clients operate, why they succeed, where value lies and how to align the pricing of transactions and comply with international tax rules.
Alongside proven technical and project delivery skills, the ability to more broadly develop the technical skills and capabilities of more junior staff is key. Key Responsibilities:
- Working with the wider Tax practice as a subject matter specialist
- Involvement across analysis and delivery aspects of transfer pricing planning, documentation, defence and implementation engagements
- Involvement and coordination of European and global transfer pricing engagements working with specialists across our global network
- Expanding the scale, scope and capabilities of the Operate TP team, with a particular focus on the technical training and development of team members
- Undertaking coaching, mentoring and supervising Operate TP team members, assessing their performance for regular internal reviews and assisting in setting their career goals
- Ensuring the timely delivery of the wide variety of work produced by the Operate TP team as well as managing the operational aspects
- Helping to develop the best TP approaches and solutions for the clients of the UK TP network, including (but not limited to) data gathering, comparable searches, and various financial and statistical analyses.
The transfer pricing network provides advice to clients on all aspects of the UK and international transfer pricing regime, including the determination of arm's length comparables, policy formulation and OECD compliant TP documentation, tax audit defence and advanced pricing agreements, and reviewing the tax impact of commercial / business change in the organisation.
The nature of the work is varied and includes involvement with all types of intercompany transactions including products, services, intellectual property and finance. Operate TP is an efficient delivery hub providing delivery resources for process and execution heavy technical analysis and deliverables. This includes Benchmarking, TP Documentation, Financial modelling, Value Chain Analysis, Industry Analysis, wider research and much more. The team is involved in an expanding range of services, increasing levels of client contact and greater ownership of projects.