About the team:
The CMAS team (part of our Control, Deals, Accounting and Risk (CDAR) offering) advises clients on the accounting, company law and capital markets issues in the context of both transactions (including M&A, listings and debt raises) and in the ordinary course of business (including finance transformation, regulatory change and internal restructures).
Our breadth of experience across different industries and different transactions allows us to guide senior clients and their stakeholders navigate an increasingly complex and rapidly changing environment.The role
We are a team of specialists, and your role in CMAS as a Senior Manager will involve applying technical expertise to solve problems and advise clients as they navigate changes in their business. You will be expected to work across our key areas of client delivery, being:
- Accounting and Reporting Advisory
- Structuring and Deal Accounting; and
- Deal Advisory.
You will work in dynamic teams directly for senior stakeholders at a range of clients across industry sectors (including energy, technology, financial services and retail/consumer) in the UK and around the world. We are a solution-oriented business, working alongside other parts of the firm (including Tax and Deals) and other professional advisors to provide technical expertise on accounting, structuring and capital markets considerations across the CMAS business.
We deliver our projects working in small teams with a flat structure, meaning you will work closely with partners and directors in CMAS and other areas of PwC, whilst managing and coaching junior colleagues.Your responsibilities will include:
Skills and experienceEssential
- Leading small teams advising on a variety of engagements from an accounting, structuring and capital markets perspective;
- Designing solutions to structure key transactions to achieve the optimal outcome for our clients navigating capital market and other transactions;
- Leading on the delivery of innovative reports and presentations for discussions with clients and other advisors, covering complex accounting issues, legal and regulatory issues;
- Coordinating the input of PwC teams from different lines of service and territories to deliver transactions;
- Collaborating with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers in the UK, North America, Europe and more widely; and
- Driving the growth of the business, through involvement in targeting opportunities, building internal and external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients.
- Chartered Accountant (or similar qualification)
- A keen interest in transactions and transformation
- Good client management skills including the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Intellectual agility and ability to apply a problem-solving mindset to solve client problems
- Strong technical accounting background with IFRS (and preferably UK GAAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare and review high quality technical reports;
- A strong commercial mindset, grasping business issues quickly and demonstrating the ability to add value to our customers.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time, prioritise time-sensitive projects and successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups to manage them them through transformational events;
The skills we look for in future employees
- Experience of using your network to source opportunities for the team and other parts of PwC
- Experience of providing clients with advice and support on practical business issues.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture: www.pwc.com/uk/diversity