Your new company
Punching above its weight in Advisory for many years now, our client is a full-service firm with an impressively growing Forensic function. The firm has strategies in place to grow by a further 33% over the next 5 years, and has an exemplary track record of internal promotion to Partner, as well as the occasional strategic lateral senior hire. They are simple Partnership structure, with no Private Equity in sight... In Forensic, the lead Partner is an invaluable mentor having done the Director>>Expert>>Partner route in the last few years and the ability for an incoming Director to do the same is an "open goal" - an entirely merit-based timeline.
Your new role
You\'ll be circa 50% chargeable/utilised, leading a competitively wide range of matters, including:
- Breach of contract and loss of profits
- Professional negligence
- Minority and joint venture shareholder disputes/actions
- Post M&A / sales disputes
- Valuations (both contentious and non-contentious)
- Expert determinations
- Insolvency related disputes
- Completion account reviews / warranty claims
But of course as Director, in your 50% non-chargeable time you\'ll be developing new business, aiming to build your own practice as much as theirs. Conversion of opportunities via pitches / proposals is of course the baseline, but you\'ll have a good idea already about contacts you would like the freedom to capitalise on, and the commercial acumen to know which new ones you would like to cultivate on your route to Expert.
You\'ll already have a pretty good idea of what your business plan is for yourself, but you may well be questioning if you have the freedom to fully implement it where you are? For example, to get to Expert, let alone testify for the first time (which we all know is the "golden goal") you need a certain volume of matters, ideally variety too, and not be overly-mortgaged to higher-value cases. A competitive fee structure of course also helps.
My client can offer all the above, and could therefore potentially accelerate your journey to fully-fledged Expert
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Commercial/civil disputes led expertise
- Experience to at least established AD or junior Director level
- Commercial nous
- Genuine hunger to build your own practice, under the aegis of an already successful one
What you\'ll get in return
- Hands-on mentoring from someone well-qualified to support your journey
- If you\'re in one of the mid-tier or larger firms, a pricing structure that enables you to pitch for wider scales of matters/opportunities
- A pretty much ideal matrix of volume, value and variety of cases
- Clear runway to Partner, and Equity
- Once Partner, making money for yourself. No shareholders, no PE
- Proven work-life balance and people-first culture in the wider firm
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.