Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. As well as owning and managing over 40,000 homes, we are a leading developer of affordable and social housing with ambitious development plans over the next 10 years.
From Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities, including providing support services to over 80,000 customers.
We are now looking for a Board Member and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) to join us for a tenure of up to two terms over three years.
- Fee £17,929 per annum, expenses reimbursed
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high-calibre individual with experience as a finance director and a background within the social housing sector to join our Board.
Joining the largest housing provider in the South-West, you’ll enable us to continue to create a positive social impact and affordable housing solutions, all whilst gaining an array of senior-level experience and enhancing your professional portfolio.
Ready to harness your skills and expertise to drive positive change in the realm of social housing? Take the first step towards a fulfilling journey by applying today and becoming an integral part of our mission-driven team!
Within your first year, you will attend comprehensive training, one-to-ones and an annual appraisal, which will be both virtual and in-person.
There are five in-person board meetings each year, as well as quarterly committee meetings which are a mix of virtual and in-person. You will serve on two committees.
You’ll also attend a Board strategy event taking place in person across two days, and four half day Board training sessions taking place online and in-person.
As our Board Member and Chair of the ARC, you’ll help us to ensure good governance and effective leadership across the organisation.
You’ll determine our vision and strategy, providing leadership, ensuring effective strategic planning and overseeing the direction, control and success of the organisation.
Building effective professional relationships with key stakeholders, you’ll promote our objectives and ensure that our obligations are understood and reflected in our strategy and policies.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory obligations
- Provide advice and challenge to the Executive Team
- Ensure appropriate controls and systems of risk management
- Contribute to the Board’s review and monitoring of performance, targets and budgets
To join us as a Board Member and Chair of the ARC, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience as a Finance Director in a business of similar size and complexity
- Experience of internal and external audit functions and the ability to recognise, assess and stress test risk
- Non-executive experience, with the ability to support and hold other Board and Committee members and executives to account
- Experience of operating effectively in a senior colleague or Board role within the social housing sector
- An understanding of the social, economic and political environment in which LiveWest operates
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to analyse complex information
- A professional accountancy qualification
Other organisations may call this role Trustee, Non-Executive Board Member, Board Advisor, Independent Board Member, or Board Advisory Consultant.
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to contribute to a meaningful cause as our Board Member and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.